Dr John Riley, who practised from two rooms in his house, which is now Yew Tree Nursing Home, established the practice in 1959.
Some months later a branch surgery was established at 54 Elmer Road, Middleton. Dr Owen Lloyd joined him in 1962, and practised from his home in Elmer Road until 1991 when the new surgery was built on land adjacent to the car park.
In 1975, Dr Riley built a new surgery in the grounds of Yew Tree House. This was demolished in 1988 and replaced by the current building.
Dr David Peters joined the practice in 1972, Dr Andrew Foulkes in 1987 and Dr Peter Speer in 2000 following the closure of his partnership in Barnham. Dr Tej Bansil joined the partnership in 2014.
Middleton Medical CentreMiddleton Medical Centre is a modern purpose built surgery located in the heart of Middleton. Built in 1991, the surgery cares for more than 4,000 patients from Elmer, Middleton and Felpham. It was extended in 2008 to include two further consulting rooms, a treatment room and a meeting room.
Yew Tree SurgeryYew Tree Surgery is an extended, purpose built surgery serving the villages of Yapton, Barnham and surrounding areas and is located in the heart of the old village of Yapton. 6,200 patients are registered at the practice, which was built in 1988. The surgery now includes a well-stocked Pharmacy. A larger car park was added in 1996.