A Brief History
Avisford Medical Group History
Dr John Riley started the Practice in 1959, using two rooms in his own house, which is now Yew Tree Nursing Home.
Dr Owen Lloyd joined him in 1962, and practised from his home in Elmer Road until 1991 when the new surgery was built on land adjacent to the car park.
In 1975, Dr Riley built a new surgery in the grounds of Yew Tree House. This was demolished in 1988 and replaced by the current building.
Dr David Peters joined the practice in 1972, Dr Andrew Foulkes in 1987 and Dr Peter Speer in 2000 following the closure of his surgery in Barnham. All three have now retired as Partners (although Drs Peters and Speer still carry out locum work for the Practice). Dr Tej Bansil and Dr Mark Sidney are the current GP Partners.
Middleton Medical Centre
Middleton Medical Centre is a purpose-built surgery located in the heart of Middleton. Built in 1991, the surgery cares for around 4,500 patients from Elmer, Middleton-on-Sea and Felpham. It was extended in 2008 to include two further consulting rooms, a treatment room and a meeting room.
Yapton Surgery is an extended, purpose-built surgery serving the villages of Yapton, Barnham, Ford, Walberton, Climping and surrounding areas.
Around 6,500 patients are registered at the surgery, which was built in 1988. A small car park was added in 1996.
When the surgery's dispensary was forced to close in 2013, the surgery's annexe was made available for a private pharmacy.